Meera& Prashant desired a dream wedding in Balearic Island Ibiza, a beautiful city often referred to as the “paradise for party people”.
Planning began six months before “W-day”with a couple of recce visits,to search for support systems. Placeto prepare food,Suppliers for fresh produce likevegetables, meats and groceries.
The supply chain there waswanting, as there were no vendors who could provide groceries or vegetables for Indian cuisine. We had to work smarter in sourcing the ingredients. Our savior was the city of London and the delivery was brought via Barcelona on a cargo ship.
Mr. Shah himself sourced even the pots and pans used from Mumbai after making several visits there. They were shipped two months prior to the event and after the long journey at sea they arrived just at nick of time for the wedding.
Several kitchen spaces for our “production base” were identified and out of three we finally selected an industrial township, which was specially restructured and equipped for us. They even made way for our Tandoors by shifting their existing equipment.
Fond memories of a very helpful team commandeered by Chef.
The welcome dinner was at the famous nightclub “Lio” a regular haunt for the famous stars of world cinema too.
Our team transported food from the base kitchen via refrigerated trucks to the catering venue and helped local service staff set up and appropriately dress the buffet. We were available for guests to question the food content and provide insight as to the ingredients used.
It was heartwarming to see the appreciation on everybody’s faces. Almost everybody came back for second helpings and tucked into their favorite home turf dishes with gusto. This went on till the wee hours of the next morning.
A delayed Lunch and High-tea at the poolside of the venue “Heart” for the wedding was blessed by the heavens with intermittent rain accompanying us to grace the occasion.
We even made alternate kitchen arrangements indoors least the rain caught up with us.
An absolute satisfying pleasure creating our masterpieces in the beautiful and vibrant city of Ibiza.
We dare say the menu was curated for Mr. Shah a Gastronomic connoisseur and critique. Creating it has been a caterers pride and joy as was our high-point.
Video Clip of service
- Stuffed gucchi tikka, tamater& mung phali Ki chutney
- Water chestnut, Chettinad pepper spiced
- Tandoori paneer, goa spiced
- Tandoori sea bass | hyderabadi style with kokum masala
- Tandoori prawn, saffron malai, crushed roast walnut
- Barbecued Sietan& potato with “AjiPanca paste”
- Local white fish
- Chicken skewers & nuggets with “AjiPanca paste”
- Lamb picante
- Stir-Fried Peppers With Lima Beans
- Stir-fried Quinoa with “Aji Amarillo pate”
- Garbanzo & chard stew
- “Locro”, pumpkin, potatoes, olives & yellow chili peppers
FLAMBEED RISOTTO IN PARMESAN WHEEL
- “Funghi” – wild mushrooms, in a cognac sauce & a touch of cream
- Pumpkin, carrot & pistachio with strands of saffron
- Fennel& rocket leaves lemon zest, lemon juice
NORTH INDIAN CUISINE
- Mirchi chicken, in kullar, specialty from paharganj
- Laal Maas
- AmritsariChole, khasta stuffed kulcha, imliki chutney
- Latpata aloo
- KhattaMeetha Baingan
- Char-grilled chali, panchporan butter
- Dal Makhni
- Beetroot &AnarKa Raita
- Caramelized Khajoor with Milk Cake Khurchan
- Jalebi freshly made (also sugar free Jalebi)
- Moong dal halwa
(View from the restaurant of old city of IBIZA)
(Buffet laid out in ethnic chaffers specially brought from Mumbai)
The wedding was very special and a beautiful setting with flowers and was held at the famous Me hotel.
The chefs at ME were most helpful and we exchanged notes of our respective cuisines
(my firend executive chef Silvia Nicolini of Hotel ME)
This day was very special for Meera& Prashant but for us it was a nightmare as we had to spilt the teams in two for the Reception dinner at another venue 20 miles away in another restaurant called “HEART” WHERE THE FOOD HAD TO BE TRANSPORTED TO THE SECOND FLOOR TERRACE IN A SERVICE LIFT)
WEDDING MENU AT ME HOTEL
COLD REFRESHMENTS IN MASON JARS
- Spicy kokum sherbet
- Mogra flower sherbet
- Paan Rasa, infused rose petal jam with beetle leaf
- Puchka 3 types with 3 types water (heeng, khattapudina, meetha)
- Fried aloo chat
- Dahi, Bhalla, Papdi
- TamaterKofta Ki Chat
- Pila matargoogni chat?
- Ram mandirkhastakachori chat?
- Panifal | shakarkandi | snow peas | hara chana | bijora chat tamaterkofta chat
- Chuski, Kala Khatta, Jamun, Kewra
- Platters of Mithai
- Smoked Guntur chili Masala paniyaram waffle, pepper rasam dip
- Scone pizza, with assorted vegetarian toppings
- Pao, Vermicelli rolledmirchi aloo, with amritsarivadi, lasuntamaterki chutney
- Baby pita, Kalmivada, tahini, hummus raita
- Nawabi baby paratha, Kachaambikigillawati, khajoorki chutney
- Phyllo, Burrani raita kebab | kasundhi dip
- Smoked chili cheese toast with coriander
RECEPTION AT HEART NIGHT CLUB
EXHAUSTED TEAMS OF MEW, WDC, & TKAC AFTER THE PARTY
- Crisped karela, wasabi raita
- Orrissa, bhalla aloo rasa, ragdachole with sev
- Banana blossompatra, green basil chutney
- Partridge chargha, lahori masala
- Crisp chicken with smoked chilies
- Mutton chapli, Afghani style
SOUTH INDIAN CUISINE
- Pulled duck pepper chili fry, chettinad masala
- Egg masala curry
- Kochi lobster masala
- Sri lankan vegetable stew
- Curry patta scented steamed string hoppers, freshly steamed in bamboo basket
- Tandoori Masala Dover Sole OR Trout
- Keema Lamb chops
- Butter Chicken Sikandri, finely chopped green chilies, colorful capsicums, & cilantro
- Char-grilled Cray Fish, wok tossed with siracha
- Morning glory, pack choy in garlic & light soya
- Massaman vegetables, corn, carrot, pumpkin, bay leaf, star anise
- Barbecued brussels sprout, fennel bulbs, broccoli in Thai green curry